This Mango Crisp with Almond Recipe is a guide to making summer’s most perfect dessert. You take all the fresh mangos and balance them out with a light almond crisp that you will crave all season long.
Our Mango Crisp with Almond is a modern take on a pretty classic Cuban staple. Mango dessert recipes are about as Miami/Cuban as you can get. When you grow up with mango trees on every corner, there is a certain time of year (summer) where you are enjoying mango sliced, pureed or baked in a dessert daily. We can officially add mango to the list of reasons you love summer.
While delicious, having a mango tree could become a little overwhelming. It is as if the mango tree is making up for all the months they don’t give fruit in these 3 short months. Almost every day the tree is giving you a new dose of fresh fruit. Therefore you either need to start leaving bags of them at your neighbors house, or find different mango dessert recipes to help you use them in different creative ways.
This is the perfect addition to your mango dessert recipe rotation. There is something about the balance of the fresh mango with the light crispy oat just screams summer. The dessert is simple to prepare and allows the amazing mango to shine through. We love easy and amazing.
MANGO CRISP WITH ALMOND RECIPE BIG TIPS:
The secret to any great mango dessert recipe is using different types of mangoes at different ripeness. It really makes whatever you are making more dimensional and interesting.
If you only have mango that is super ripe and sweet try pulling back on some of the sugar in the recipe. This way you can appreciate the balance of the brightness and sweetness of the mango.
Serve it warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you love Mangos try our other Mango Inspired Recipes:
Mango Crisp With AlmondCourse: DessertsCuisine: CubanDifficulty: Easy
2 pounds of mango, cubed (try to cut into 1 ½-inch pieces that are similar in size or frozen mango that comes in uniformed precut chunks)
¼ cup of granulated sugar
¾ cup of light brown sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
- ALMOND CRISP TOPPING
¾ cup of rolled oats
½ cup of blanched and sliced almonds
1/3 cup of almond flour
1/3 cup of light brown sugar
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of coconut flour
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together everything for the mango filling until all the ingredients coat the mango pieces. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add everything for the almond crisp topping EXCEPT the butter. Mix everything together with a spoon. Then add the butter. It should look crumbly at first, but if you pinch the ingredients it will come together like a dough. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a baking dish. Pour in the mango mixture. Then crumble the almond mixture over the mango. Try to cover all the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until the crisp topping is golden brown and the fruit is hot sand bubbly