A great Cuban Salsa Recipe may be just what you are looking for to spice up your usual weeknight dinner. Sometimes it’s hard to break out of the usual things we cook – the weeknight baked chicken, the go-to fish in the air fryer, the roasted vegetables. This Olive Salsa Verde is one of those sauces that can jazz up those weeknight staples. It will make any protein or side taste different and extra special.
- 2 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup castelvetrano olives, pitted and roughly chopped or halved
- 1/2 cup red pepper stuffed manzanilla olives, roughly chopped or halved
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt and freshly cracked pepper
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients and stir well.
- Taste. Adjust more acid or salt and pepper if needed.
- Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.