This Frozen Tajin Margarita Recipe is going to show you just how dangerously easy it was to make this delicious festive cocktail.
Frozen Margaritas are one of the ultimate festive cocktails. They scream celebration and summer with every sip. The variations are endless. There are spicy Margaritas, some are made with salt on the rim, some are with pure tequila, others can be with Mezcal, and it goes on and on.
When coming up with our Frozen Tajin Margarita we wanted to keep it classic. This recipe has lime and a mix of Tequila and Grand Marnier. However we wanted to make it a little spicy! We spiced it up with a hint of Tajin but it’s optional (but not really). Tajin is a Mexican spice with chili, salt and lime. It’s not spicy but certainly wakes up all the flavors in our Frozen Tajin Margarita.
Our Tips for Making Your Delicious Frozen Tajin Margarita
- The more alcohol you use the slushier it will be because alcohol doesn’t freeze. If you need it stronger, you can add a floater once it is served.
- We like using agave to sweeten the margarita, which also helps keep it smooth and not too icy.
- Once you finish making your margarita serve it as quick as possible because it will melt.
- You can make our virgin version, which we call “Senoritas” by substituting the grand marnier for orange juice and leaving out the tequila. We love making this version with our kids and lining the rim with sugar and garnish with an orange slice. Adults will love it too.
Frozen Tajin Margarita
8 ounces of Tequila
4 ounces of Grand Marnier
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup of agave or granulated sugar
½ teaspoon of Tajin, plus more for the rim
4 cups of ice
Garnish with salt and Tajin rim and lime wedges
- Place a tablespoon of tajin and a teaspoon of coarse sea salt onto a plate. Mix until it is combined.
- Rub the edges of each glass with a lime wedge. Then dip the rim into the tajin mixture.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Garnish and serve immediately before it melts.