This Grilled Avocado Recipe is a guide to making an avocado in a whole new way. The grill takes the avocado to a new level
Never have we ever met an avocado we didn’t like. It just might be nature’s most perfect creation. It’s sweet, savory and always hits the spot.
There is just one problem. Avocados are very specific about when you can eat them. Sometimes they leave you waiting for days. Then you miss the window and the avocado has gone bad. You find yourself going to the market to buy more avocados and start the entire cycle all over again.
Enter this recipe. This recipe is here to make your avocado dreams come true. No longer do you have to play the avocado’s cruel waiting game. This Grilled Avocado recipe actually calls for your avocado to be slightly under ripe. Meaning even if it is not ready to eat raw, you can throw this on the grill and make something new and just as delicious.
Grilled Avocado can be done anywhere. You can fire up the grill and put it straight on, or you can do it stove top. To make this Grilled Avocado stovetop you will just need a griddle. You want the grill or the griddle because grill marks are key.
What really makes this recipe pop is the sazon and the pickled onions. A store bought sazon will do the job, but if you want to get fancy check out our Sazon Recipe HERE. Pickled Onions are not required for this one, you can do it with raw red onions. However pickling is not as hard as it sounds, and you can find our recipe for delicious Pickled Onions HERE.
Let’s get grilling.
Grilled AvocadoCourse: Sides
1 “Desbry” Tropical Avocado, or any avocado halved lengthwise with pit removed
1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat a griddle or your BBQ to medium heat.
- Rub oil onto the avocado and season with sazon Salt
- Place it on the grill flesh side down.
- After 2 minutes give them a quarter turn to make beautiful grill marks. Give it another 3 minutes. Try not to move them too much so the grill marks stay defined.
- Flip them on to the skin side for another 3-5 minutes on low just to warm it through.
- Serve with another dusting of Sazon Salt and the pickled onions.