These roasted mini peppers with caper cream work great as an appetizer or side dish. The mini peppers are cooked just until softened. You want them to have some char to add loads of flavor, but you don’t want to overcook them or they will fall apart.
You can serve the peppers warm just as is with a little olive oil and salt, but we recommend serving them with this very yummy Caper Cream for a refreshing contrast.
Roasted Mini Peppers and Caper CreamCourse: Appetizers, SidesCuisine: Cuban, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Ingredients FOR THE PEPPERS
28 oz bag of mini sweet peppers
¼ cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon and freshly cracked pepper
Maldon sea salt for garnish
- FOR THE CAPER CREAM
8 oz of Greek yogurt (I like full fat or 2%)
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon of capers
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper. Place the peppers on the sheet pan and coat with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss together to be sure the peppers are coated evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then broil on high for 3-6 minutes until golden brown.
- While the peppers bake, you can make the caper cream by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. (If you don’t use the sauce immediately, store in the fridge)
- Serve the peppers warm or at room temperature with the caper cream.